Stepping out to the light

15 years ago, when the society wasn't as accommodating as it is now, I came out to my family and my parents. I cannot explain my feelings then. All I can remember was how grateful I was for my parents to accept me for who I am. I know it's not easy for them to understand and for accept everything but I am thankful that everyone's patient enough to help one another. 



Last week, we MLA had the #PrideMarch. Even though my boyfriend and I weren't able to join, my heart was ecstatic as I check and follow all the updates that day. It was pure love. No definition. No explanations. Just LOVE. Which I supposed what it should be. As we walk towards acceptance and breaking the stigma, I personally felt like coming out nowadays isn't enough. We should come out and be responsible. Be responsible enough to break the stigma. Be responsible with all our actions and words that we say. Be responsible as we represent not only ourselves but the entire community. 

Let continue spreading love and laughter to the world because we can!

And I quote Sen Hontiveros: "We will march for those who can't."

Boyfriend and I will see you next year!

#HereTogether
#Pride2017

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Say a little Prayer

May oras ka pa ba?

Twitter Holiday!