Love Doctor


I find it rewarding whenever I my friends with anything. Last night, 2 of my friends, had issues with their lovelife. Isn’t this the favorite topic of almost everyone? Anyway, since there’s two of them now, I decided to do a conference call so that we can talk all at the same time and of course to save more time. Hehe.  One of them have trust and infidelity issues, he already caught his partner once doing hanky panky with someone else and yet maybe due to love, they decided to go back together. During that time, I can perfectly remember what I told him. “if you cannot give your trust again as if nothing happened, then do not go back to that relationship. It’ll all be nothing if you do not have trust. Yes. Love is there but if there’s no trust, love will soon fade away.” After a few weeks, same scenario happened. He discovered something about his partner that made him doubtful again. This time, I told him the same thing, “Guard your heart and follow it but do not forget to use your brain.”
The second one is a little more subtle yet dragging. His partner is immature and inconsiderate. He tends to ignore all my friend’s effort with the relationship. On this case, I can perfectly relate for I’ve been in the same situation once. (almost) I shared a little part of my lifestory to them.
“I once loved someone so much. Too much that I already forgot and gave up myself and family. I moved out and we lived together. I thought it will be easy. But I was wrong. I found out so many things that I do not like about my partner and yet, I accepted it all for I believe it’s love and that’s how love should be. As months passed by, I became more and more domesticated and workaholic. Yes. All me. I did not complain for this was my choice. I never told anyone about this but deep inside I’m suffering. A few months more, we found ourselves struggling to pay all our debts. We had a hard time managing finances since my partner tend to be materialistic and would like to spend more than what we’re earning. And to minimize fighting, I usually give way. Even though I know we have to save or we have to prioritize other things rather than new clothes and the like. I learned to eat eggs for one whole week for that’s the only thing our money can afford. To cut the story short, after we broke up, I went back to my parents. Broke yet stronger. Fooled yet smarter this time. Alone but never lonely. And one thing I will always remember is her advice on our way home, “Mahalin mo sarili mo bago ibang tao. Pahalagahan mo sarili mo. Walang ibang mag aalaga at magmamalasakit sa sarili mo kung hindi sarili mo din at pamilya mo. Ang ibang tao, magmamalasakit sa’yo yan pero dadating at dadating ang panahon na magsasawa din yan hindi gaya ng pamilya, walang hanggan” Since then, I learn how to guard my heart. I still stumble but now I know how to stand up. I can still feel pain yet my heart isn’t crushed.”
They were speechless after hearing my story. Ang tanga ko daw. And I said yes. I was. That’s why I shared it to you. I want you to learn from my mistake. It’ll be hard. Loving is about being brave and courageous enough to take risks but still you should guard your heart, otherwise, you will lose yourself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Say a little Prayer

May oras ka pa ba?

First Christmas