Letting Go.

Friends can be lovers but it’s hard for lovers to be friends.


True enough. Recently, I went through this uncomfortable experience. One of my friends went through a rollercoaster rid of his life. Matters of the heart. And as a good friend, I did everything I could. Gave advices and sharing Words of God as it helped me a lot during the times of my struggles. We share a few drinking nights together, days of continuous exchanges of messages just to make him feel good and tons of wasakan moments with other friends. Then upon assessing myself, I’ve realized that there’s a small part of me getting attached to this person. There is now a single, tiny dot of admiration I felt inside me. Trying to be righteous, I don’t want to hit on a friend especially someone who’s going through an emotional catastrophe for I don’t want to cause anymore confusion and/or I don’t want to be accused of taking advantage of the situation. Then I’ve decided to continue being his confidante and adviser until he get through his storm then I will slowly detach myself to prevent any further development of feelings towards that person. And that day came. My friend and his partner patched up things and got back together. And for me, that is the sign that he is now okay and I can now fix myself. Honestly, this is something I do not life about myself. I get attached to people easily. I don’t want to ruin another friendship. I don’t want take another chance. Not this time. I know I made the right decision. It may not feel right but I know in due time, it will. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Say a little Prayer

May oras ka pa ba?

First Christmas