Exploring West Visayas

3rd week of my nationwide trip.


Destination: Iloilo and Bacolod


All work and no play will make me a piece of shit.


I've been to Iloilo a couple of times but still I had very little time to explore the city. Last time I visited Iloilo, I went to Smallville and got drunk. (not so good haha) then aside from that, nothing follows. So this time, I made sure I will be able to experience something new. :) Jen, one of our trainers, and I went to Perri Todds where they serve enormous burger. Believe me, theirs is bigger than my face! And surprisingly, it really tastes good since I am expecting a little bit less for the burger. I thought because of it's size, the taste will be sacrificed but then again I was wrong. I really enjoyed our burger which can even qualify as a birthday cake! lol and on top of that, they also serve iced tea tower! The prices are quite reasonable (actually I think it's really affordable!) We ordered their special burger which costs Php270 and can be shared by 2-3 person then their iced tea tower (2L) costs php120. Not bad!
we can't finish the burger!

@iloilo airport

bigger than jen's face! lol

perry todd's iced tea tower

birthday burger :p




Then after a few days, I transferred to Bacolod via sea. It's my first time ride a ferry. My travel was approx 1hour. Since I get dizzy easily, I decided to sleep the entire trip. haha! Then voila! I say "Hello Bacolod!" When I got there, photos of cakes of Calea is already running in my mind but i still have to work. So after a few store checks we treat ourselves with a slice of heaven! We went to Calea and I ordered Choco Crumble Cake which really, never failed me. Twas ecstatic! Not too sweet, not too bitter! Not soggy, not dry. Just right! Then Melvin ordered Caramel Pecan Cheesecake which is really really rich and creamy in taste! It can really fill you up instantly! Then we had dinner at Chicken Deli to experience authentic Bacolod Inasal. I must admit I'm not really a big fan of inasal but I love chicken dishes. The verdict? twas good! I really liked the tenderness and subtle juicy-ness of the chicken.
Yum! I want to try 'em all!

Caramel Pecan Cheesecake

Choco Crumble Cake

Calea to go! Gift for the celebrant!
they serve one of the juiciest chicken!


Sadly I had very little time and I have to go home. I will surely visit Bacolod and Iloilo again!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Say a little Prayer

May oras ka pa ba?

Twitter Holiday!