bittersweet memories



I've been sharing a piece of my life to everyone hoping they'll get inspiration, somehow. I may not be a popular speaker nor person but I guess making them feel that we are all the same and I've been through the same things as they're going through right now.

Flashback.

After I graduated I immediately work. Twas hard. I kept it to myself. I did not tell anyone. All the while, my family thought I was preparing for my exam but I did not. I have other plans. Matigas talaga ulo ko e. I endured the 3-4 hours travel everyday. Yes. Everyday. I want this. But just like an old cliche, secrets aren't really secrets. I eventually told my parent. They were in pain. But I need to be strong. I need to prove myself. I moved out of our house. At first I lived with my sister but I have this feeling of akwardness or maybe because I really wanted to be alone. I need to find myself.

Independence.

Not long after I moved in with my sister, I moved out again. I rented a place of my own. Since I am not earning that much, I got a not so nice yet decent enough for me to live. Little by little I filled in my little room with the stuff the I need. I realized its not easy to manage finances specially for a first timer like me. I struggled. I stumbled. And I stoop up because I have to, I cannot stop. Not now.

The challenges.

It's hard when you have to do all the chores by yourself. Everything. And at the same time you have to work do that you can pay all your bills. I experienced eating egg for almost a week since that's the only thing I can afford. A few times that I have to skip meals. Numerous instances that I couldn't go to work because I no longer have money. A couple of illness I ignored an a lot more. It was never easy for me. But still I learned a lot of lesson.

Reborn.

I became a tougher and wiser person. I was forced to be a more matured person. In 2 years of being independent I learned more than what I expected. My family needs me. I moved back in. And this time, I stayed for good. Now, I know I can handle life's challenges better. Life is a continuous journey we need to take and I know I will learn more as I take this journey.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Say a little Prayer

May oras ka pa ba?

Twitter Holiday!